Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Muoio di fame - ha messo il cibo nel mio ventre!!!

I am a great fan of Italian food. For many years, in fact, lasagne was my favourite meal. I have also always been a fan of pizza, spaghetti bolognaise/carbonara, linguine, ravioli, etc.. So when I tried Gnocchi several years back, my expectations were obviously high - and it didn't disappoint.

Gnocchi is a potato based dumpling and the other day, Sarah bought a few packs of mozzarella stuffed gnocchi. So yesterday I decided to use the rest of it up with some bolognaise sauce.
I also still had quite a few fresh vegetables left, so I chopped up a few carrots and broccholi and boiled them up with the gnocchi.

When the gnocchi began to float, I knew they were done and drained them out and mixed them up with the bolognaise sauce.

I then chucked a generous amount of spices I had in the cupboard over it all (crushed chilli's, ground black pepper, garlic, chilli powder and lots of mixed herbs).

It was a great meal, my mouth was really stinging for ages - but it was worth it!

I went to the gym after that feast, thought I would better after all my Christmas eating and drinking. It wasn't as busy as I expected and I had quite a good workout (while watching Arsenal v Man U) - although my weight has gone back up to 110kg (I was 111kg when I started the gym in October last year and managed to get down to 106kg at some point before Christmas). This makes my current BMI (Body Mass Index) 31.1 - which according to this site makes me obese!! Obviously doesn't account for muscle.. ahem!

Anyway, today is roast dinner day (in the canteen) and today's meat was beef. A fine meal, although I was mildly upset to note that they had run out of mushroom soup.

So until next time.. Avere un buono mangia!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe nothing is as good as Quantum Leap :)

Damn your food blog, I spend the whole day trying not to eat and avoiding food and now I'm bloody starving.

Think I'll have to try that smoothy recipe of yours now I got a Smoothy Machine for xmas ( just a fancy blender I think lol )

Hope you're well and Happy New Year!

5:49 pm  
Blogger holmz said...

Hehe - that's what it's there for!

Take it easy, bruv - catch ya soon

7:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home