Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Turkey Mess...

Yesterday I was forced into "use stuff up" mode, as the "fresh" veg (from Christmas) in the fridge was starting to look somewhat different and the frozen turkey breast was months past its sell-by date.

So I bunged the turkey in the oven on max before I went to the gym (where I weighed in at 107kg that time - which is still classed as obese, apparently). When I got back the turkey was a bit burned, so my housemate Higz had been forced to turn the oven off. I chopped up the veg (carrots, cabbage and broccoli) and boiled it up, drained it and used the boiled water to make the gravy (much healthier, according to my old housemate Chris, as it traps in the goodness). Then I went to work on the turkey, once I had cracked through the hard burnt shell - there was much meat inside and it was quite tasty. Obviously I chucked a load of pepper on the plate, to spice it up a tad - but on the whole it was a good filling meal.

Today's lunch was at the Hungry Horse again. I wanted to try something different, so I opted for a prawn salad. It was OK, quite filling, but a bit bland. I think I will stick with the usual steak type thing from there from now on.

Not much else of interest to report on the eats recently, not been so interesting since Christmas. Had a good roast dinner round the parents' on Sunday night and a few canteen meals since the last post. Including a turkey fillet with mashed potato (which I never used to like, but it's growing on me a bit now - only if it has other ingredients mixed in tho).

I also had a Domino's pizza round Lesley's on Friday night, we opted for a large "Full House" and watched Heat (good film - recommended).

Roast dinner day tomorrow, I wonder what meat it will be? Stay tuned and find out...

Nice picture of my crotch there, by the way. Very attractive.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work! I've never felt so damn hungry :o

11:38 am  
Blogger holmz said...

Thanks mate... Food blogs are the future!

12:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home