Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Free 24oz Steak! Brilliant!

I think the biggest ever steak I have eaten was a 32oz T-bone steak in Exmouth a few years ago, although I was at a restaurant in Basingstoke once where the offered a 64oz steak (about 50 quid, but free if you could finish it within an hour) - which I didn't opt for, although I can eat steaks very easily. In fact, I quite often enjoy the 20oz "Megasaurus" steak that the Hungry Horse has to offer.

So anyway, I was on a "team build" event yesterday at The Poacher's Pocket pub in Shepton Mallett. A few "fun" events designed to get staff to meet each other and do various tasks and stuff, for example we each had to carve our own totum pole - the theme was "What does 2006 hold for you?". 2006 holds much beer for me, so I carved and painted a nice pint of lager. I was quite pleased with the results.

I was also pleased that there was a tab behind the bar being picked up by my employers, as well an evening meal! I managed to drink a fair amount of the free beer (I don't remember exactly how much...) and enjoyed a mighty 24oz rump steak! Very nice it was too, they couldn't even fit the chips on the plate - they had to be put in a different dish! Brilliant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home