Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A Veritable Feast

Welcome back to my online culinary workshop, a web-based log of all interesting foodstuffs that grace my plate.

Firstly, an apology for not updating sooner... I won't bore you with excuses - but lets just say that my social calendar was too hectic for me too squeeze this in (well, we can say that - it may not be true)... at any rate, since my last update I have :-

OK, so maybe I do have a few excuses for my slackness... anyway, back to food. Well, in the top left you will be able to see the rather special roast dinner I had round my parents' house. It had one of my favourite roast dinner components ever! Sausagemeat Stuffing! Ow yesh, a proper treat.

Well that was a couple of Sundays ago (13/11) and the next day, I had some sort of chicken meal for lunch (pic right)... but I have actually forgotten what that red stuff is all over it (it was from the work canteen) - I'm sure it was lovely, though.

My Mum actually gave me a slice of steak, so Monday evening I cooked it up with loads of pepper and some Thai Chilli sauce. I had also been given some of that white cabbage, onion and something in a cheese sauce (leftover from Sunday dinner), so I warmed that up too. I also opened a tin of sweetcorn and (in my quest to empty the freezer), I used up the last of the oven chips.

A mighty meal, I think you'll agree (although not as meaty as Gale's effort - a homage to Holmz, quality!)

Right, well my latest "homemade" (ahem) effort was the pasta pictured to the right...

A lovely meal, I chopped up 6 lincolnshire sausages and mixed it in with some pasta parcels (spinach & ricotta probably) with some spicy tomato sauce. Lubberly!!

There are many other meals I have had recently, which I did not get footage of. In particular, a meal at Nico's in Exmouth (I can't remember what I had, I was too drunk - but I do recall it was very nice) and a Sunday roast (I opted for lamb) at another restaurant in Exmouth.

Today's roast dinner in the canteen was OK :- roast beef with red cabbage, carrots and roasters followed (yes followed!) by tomato soup. Yesterdays was Lamb Lasagne!! Get in my son!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home