Sunday, November 06, 2005

Freezer clear out


Another crazy weekend, I don't think I really ate anything Friday evening - was more of a beer fest. If I ate, I don't remember it.

I woke up on Saturday afternoon and was obviously pretty hungry, so I decided it was time I "cook" myself something (haven't done that in a while, as my posts show). I needed a big meal (I was going to see Bukem + Conrad at the Academy in the evening).

I decided it was about time I emptied the freezer of some rather questionable contents. There is quite a bit in my freezer that is slightly past its sell-by date... there were a couple of chicken + vegetable pies which were out of date some months back, so obviously needed using up!

I had a few bags of oven chips and wedges that I bunged in the oven too. I microwaved some veg (sugarsnap peas, corn, peas, etc) - it's microwave-in-a-bag, don't worry - that's what you're meant to do! Lots of pepper and some gravy and it was a good meal... I made one small mistake, though - I made some stuffing too, but I didn't realise you had to bake it... so I had to take that round my parents for Sunday dinner instead.

Sunday dinner was, as ever, brilliant. Roast beef, yorkshire pudding, stuffing and loads of veg... accompanied with lots of stella and wine.

This was followed by cheese, biscuits and port and a slice of some rather nice cake (fudge, caramel or toffee or something... I forget).
Need to go food shopping this week, perhaps a curry on the cards?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home