Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Clearing the backlog...

Nearly a week without an update, I am most ashamed. Although I am sure you'll be happy to hear that I have plenty of scran to tantilise your tastebuds with in today's posting.

As the Grandmaster Flash once said, "taking you back (way, WAY back)" to last week (Thursday, in fact). I went into the posh area of Clifton in the evening and had lots of drinking.

My housemate, Higz, kindly came and picked me up around 11pm and took me to Asda. I did a very poor week's shop (I bought a massive bottle of skimmed milk - why?) - as I hadn't eaten that evening, I also got some kind of pre-cooked chicken wings. They were probably quite tasty.

Friday was the day of the "Christmas" party. I was excited all day, enjoying some kind of chicken in an alcoholic sauce for lunch and building myself a chicken tikka sandwich when I got home (using the multi-grain loaf, tikka'd chicken, mayonaise and salad that I had bought the night before). The sandwich was great, washed down with lashings of Stella (naturally). In fact, I had caned 6 cans before I even got the bus to the party.

Apparently there was food at the party, but I don't recall..

Skipping to Saturday, I woke up early (as I usually do after a skinful) and tinkered round on my PC until I was well enough to drive to Surrey (the trip to Wales was postponed, so I decided to go and visit Sarah and her family instead).

Saturday evening I was treated to my favourite type of meal an all you can eat buffet! The joint in question was Pete's Palace and the food was grand, but the place was rammed. I didn't really do myself justice, I felt, and only managed to eat 2 heaped platefuls of Chinese goodness. Something must be wrong.

Sunday I woke up with a tremendous cold. Sarah dubbed it man-flu, but whatever it was it knocked me a bit for six (I am never ill, so probably over-react to a slight cold).

To try and sort myself out, we went to Staines (Aiii) and had a meal at Nando's. I had a quarter of a chicken, spicy rice and coleslaw. Pretty cool. We then went and watched Jarhead at the pics, was pretty good - I reckon.

I drove home on Sunday evening and made myself a cheese, salad and pickle sandwich when I got there. That was all that nice, fresh bread gone.

I was still feeling quite ill on Monday, but I had quite a nice lunch in the canteen - some kind of spicy vegetable noodle dish (I also added some extra veg - for goodness). I went down the gym in the evening, to try and sweat my cold out. Afterwards I went round my parents' for tea - chicken breast in bacon, stuffing, roasters and lots of veg!

Yesterday I had some hotpot (too boring a pic to include..) in the canteen for lunch and then went to the footy with Gale in the evening (a 3-3 thriller against Leyton Orient). I had a proper Cornish Pasty from the ground for my tea (and, of course, lots of beer). Unsurprisingly this hasn't really helped my cold.

Today is, of course, roast dinner day and wouldn't be complete without the obligatory roast image. The featured meat was roast beef.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home