Monday, February 06, 2006

Holmzy Special

Thursday I resolved to cook myself some tea, I was rather running out of ingredients - so had to be slightly creative with my masterpiece. My parents had given me some sausagemeat stuffed ravioli, so I boiled that up with some old carrots. Then I bunged in a load of pickled onions, gherkins and cauliflower and then opened a tin of spaghetti hoops into the mix. It kind of looked edible, so I went for it. OK - I had to spice it up with lots of chilli, mixed herbs and black pepper - but it was perfectly filling.

In fact, I had the leftovers of that on Friday. Although I went round my Aunty and Uncles in the evening, got quite spannered in fact. Always a bonus.

Saturday I woke up around 1pm and went down the Patchway Sports and Social with Chris and Lee, got very trolleyed whilst watching England trounce Wales in the 6 Nations (Rovers beat Bury too, so quite a good day). Unfortunately, I was too drunk to do much else and went home to bed around 6pm (not before putting some prawn toast in the oven.. and promptly forgetting and burning them to charcoal).

Sunday I went round my parents' for tea and had a splendid roast lamb and watched Scotland out-muscle France in the 6 Nations.

Today was my Great-Grandmother's funeral. She died aged 98 (born in 1908). The wake was at Parkway Tavern and the food was all paid for by my late Great-Nan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home