Monday, February 13, 2006

Pie!!

Well I remembered to bring my chicken sandwiches to work last Friday and, frankly, I'm as surprised as you are. I munched them all over the course of the day and it meant I had more time for drinking in my lunch hour.

I don't think I got up to much on Friday evening, I went round Mike + Michelle's to feed their cats and then went home, ate pretty much the entire barbeque chicken and then slept for a bit.

I was on-call last week and Saturday I was rudely paged out at 8.22am (which is before the "weekend rate" threshold too - so I wasn't all that happy), once I had fixed the fault I had another kip before watching France vs Ireland in the 6 Nations. I got up and made myself a muesli breakfast before proceeded to tidy the house up.

I had Lee, Carla, Nathan and my Dad over to watch Italy v England and drink some beer. My Dad went home soon after the rugby at my Mum's behest, but the others stayed and we ordered some Chinese from the Golden Oriental (over an hour and a half delivery time, must have been busy - even for a Saturday night).

My meal of choice was honey roasted spare ribs (very nice), sweet and sour duck (could have been sweet and sour anything for all I knew, still nice tho) and Singapore style rice (spicy). The order was quite extensive and I was under express orders from the guys to request some free prawn crackers (even though they always give you free prawn crackers!) - anyway, a good meal nonetheless.

Sunday I got up in time for roast dinner round my parents, roast beef and yorkshire pudding to be precise. Sunday dinners have got to be my favourite meal of the week.

Today I am no longer on-call, so will be going to the gym in a minute - which will be good considering the pie I had in the canteen today. Steak and mushroom - not bad at all.

I'll leave you with a link to an up and coming blog by my mate Trew, it promises to analyse the evolution of spam (not the food type.. the annoying, yet often amusing, tripe that lands in your e-mail inbox without invitation). Please have a ganders, and possibly bookmark, what must truly be an entertaining journey through Trew's junk folder as it happens… http://spamcritters.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Holmzy food blog should have a "special event". Along the lines of this kind of thing. You know it makes sense.

6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home