Thursday, May 04, 2006

Quorn Spag Bol?!

As I have been on-call this week, I haven't been up to much. Just slobbing around the house after work, really.

Got home on Tuesday and made myself a couple of Chinese chicken and salad sandwiches - which went down a treat. On Wednesday (roast dinner day, of course), I had roast lamb for lunch in the canteen with carrots, roasters, sprouts and red cabbage. The lamb was a bit crunchy and fatty, but good portions - so can't complain too much..

When I got home on Wednesday evening, I was fairly hungry so I decided to make use of the Quorn mince that Sarah had left in my freezer. I also used up the rest of the mushrooms I had left in my fridge and also chopped up an onion.

One of the good things about Quorn is that you can cook it from frozen (unlike minced meat), so that was quite cool - I just dumped the 2 packets of Quorn mince in with the mushrooms and onions and heated it up in the pan (obviously whilst I boiled the spaghetti, which incidentally was supposed to be out of date in 2004 - rubbish, it was perfectly fine!!).

I then added 2 bottles of Dolmio Bolognaise sauce and stirred up togethor.

Naturally, I spiced things up with some ground black pepper, ground chillis, mixed spices, garlic and stuff.

I mixed it all up and served it on the spaghetti (a little too much in retrospect).

A touch of parmesan on there too, lovely jubbly!


Actually, I am quite looking forward to going home (from work) - as I know there is still a load of this stuff left and I am quite hungry.

I didn't bother eating anything for lunch, as it was such a nice hot day we went up the Orchard to sit in the sun and drink some stella.

Summer is well and truly on it's way.

Right, I'm off home to eat the remains of yesterday's Quorn spaghetti bolognaise and slob around for the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home