Friday, March 10, 2006

Pie saves the day!

Since specifying that I ate in the canteen every day in the recent online questionairre thingy, I have only eaten in the canteen once this week.

Pictured left is the meal I opted for on Tuesday, a beef hot pot with some added veg.

Not too bad, to be fair. If maybe a bit ordinary. I think I had a cheese, salad and picalilly sandwich in the evening - not much to write home about there.

Wednesday is roast dinner day in the canteen, however we opted to go to the Bradley Stoke pub for lunch - there were 3 of us eating, and I got the short straw of being excluded from the 2-for-1 offer. I had myself a full price (!!) sticky chicken salad. A paltry portion, certainly not worth paying full price for.

I had to console myself with some Stella (one pint of which had an ever-expanding head - I had to drink it quick before a mess was made!)

Anyway, Wednesday was also my housemate's (Higz) 26th birthday - so we went round Carla and Lee's in the evening and watched some South Park. Everyone ordered in pizza from Dominos, apart from me - as I was still full up from eating too much muesli and cornflakes before I went out and couldn't justify paying for a pizza (especially as I still felt aggrieved by the salad I had forked out for earlier!!)

Happily, the birthday boy gave me a slice of his Tandori Hot Double Decadence. Nice. He then blew out the candles on his chocolate birthday cake and we got to eating that.

Today (well, Thursday.. I appreciate that it is Friday now - strictly speaking) the canteen had Lamb Lasagne on the menu.. which is great news because the lamb lasagne is always spot on, but I felt like going up the Bradley Stoke pub and having some stella and a 2-for-1 meal with someone to give the place a chance to redeem itself with me.

I chose myself a steak and ale pie with chunky chips and it certainly filled I up - so the Bradley Stoke pub is just about back in my good books now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home