Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Glückwünsche Italien

My tiredness wasn't helped yesterday as I had to be in work for 9am for a meeting, so I was fairly tired all day (and I have just realised that I still worked until 6pm.. d'oh!). There wasn't much of any interest in the canteen, so I plumped for some nice looking pasta which I had with peas and carrots. It was nice enough and certainly quite cheap. I had to rush my lunch a bit, because I was meeting Chris up the pub (as the weather was very hot indeed).

After work I went home and milled around for a bit before going to the gym. I had another good workout (weighed in at 100.8kg again..) and then went home for tea. As my freezer was still full of vege stuff, I had some quorn sausages (which were really, really nice) and some chips (which I crazied up again with crushed chillies, ground black pepper and mixed herbs) and a bowl of baked beans.

I ended up getting drawn back into football again last night, I didn't want to - but I started watching it and the open, attacking nature of the game got me hooked all over again (football was dead to me after England got robbed, again). Italy eventually out-classed Germany and won their place in the final with 2 goals in extra time. It's France against Portugal tonight.. Come on France!! (never thought I would hear myself say that!!)

Today I have still felt knackered all day (hot weather + noisy local seagulls = a bad nights sleep), but the upside was that it is a Wednesday and therefore roast dinner day in the canteen!! This week's meat was turkey.. and a very moist and tasty turkey it was too! I had some broccholi, cabbage and carrots as my choice of veg accompanying my fat roasties and the turkey. Some ladels of gravy (always beef.. odd?) and some black pepper rounded it off nicely.

Despite this filling me up quite nicely, I opted to have a second course - as ever, the vegetable soup and brown roll was an excellent "dessert".

Off to the gym again after work, let's see if I am any closer to weighing in at double figures (in kg.. obviously)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home