Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bit of a backlog

So last Tuesday I got home from work and quickly ate my way through the pasta and cous cous I had blagged from my parents' house a few nights previous. Then I picked Lee up and we went to Asda, bought some Stella and then went round a mate's gaff to watch England beat Hungary in a World Cup warm-up match. I had a fair bit to drink and then I was taught how to play poker (doubt I can remember now tho, I was quite drunk).

Wednesday was luckily roast dinner day and the meat was roast beef (quite generous portions too). I went to the gym in the evening and went round my parents' afterwards for tea.

I had cheese and onion quiche with salad (with balsamic vinegar dressing) and boiled potatoes. Not bad at all.

Thursday lunchtime I had some vegetable pie with some carrots, brocholli and roast potatoes in the canteen. It was OK, filled the gap.

In the evening I went to the gym again for an hour or so, afterwards I went round Mike's new gaff so he could shave his head again. Then I went to Asda and bought a few essentials (cereal, tinned fish, apples and lemonade..) and when I got home I had a small tin of pilchards in a curry sauce followed by a bowl of fruit and fibre. For dessert, a golden delicious apple.

On Friday I had a quick sandwich for lunch (it was labelled chicken and stuffing, but was actually chicken korma - result!!) from the canteen and then went to the pub to enjoy the sunshine and drink some coke.

After work I had some more fruit and fibre and watched a little bit of Big Brother before going to the gym for a bit. Shortly after I got home, Sarah arrived from Surrey. She came down so that we could visit my parents who were on holiday in Dawlish.

We set off on Saturday morning and, after a fair bit of traffic on the M5, we arrived in time for me and Dad to hit the pub to watch another World Cup warm up match (a 6-0 drubbing of Jamaica). I got quite drunk so memory a bit fuzzy, but I think we walked down to Dawlish Warren for a meal at a pub called Mount Pleasant. I had a smoked salmon starter and duck l'orange for my main course. I forgot to take a pic of my starter and wolfed it down, the duck I pictured (and probably ate) before the veg arrived.. I'm sure it was all lovely, but I had continued my drinking since watching the footy at the pub and therefore can't recall.

Sunday I woke up early (having gone to bed early, drunk) in an annex attached to my parents' caravan awning. The sun was out very early and it was pretty warm, my Mum decided to cook us breakfast outside. A very tasty English breakfast to prepare us for a very active day. We walked into Dawlish and let the dogs swim in the sea, had a clotted cream ice cream (from Gay's Creamery - quality name! Sarah bought some fudge, I asked who packed it - nobody understood..) and then sat in a pub garden for a drink in the sun.

When we had walked back I had a bit of a nap in the sun (I think I have burnt) and then went to a local footy pitch for a kick about with my Dad. Didn't last too long as we kept spooning the ball into the nearby trees. I need some more practise, I think.

In the evening we all went to a restaurant called the Blue Ball which is just by Junction 30 on the M5. I have had a Sunday lunch there before which was absolutely amazing, but we didn't realise they don't do Sunday roasts in the evening. The menu was pretty small, but everyone's meals looked great. I had mackeral for starters.

My main course was venison (deer?), rabbit and wild mushroom pie (again pictured without veg, that arrived shortly after). This was absolutely amazing. Very tasty indeed. I couldn't tell you which bits were rabbit and which were deer, though - but both were very tasty!

Then Sarah and I got on the motorway and cruised home, well almost. 20 miles from Bristol we hit heavy traffic and we went about a mile an hour (quite literally) and travelled one mile. We got off on junction 20 (Clevedon / Nailsea) and drove traffic-free to Portishead where we rejoined the (now empty) motorway. Sarah dropped me off at my gaff and then drove another 100 miles home to Surrey. Quite a trip.

On Monday I had a really nice meal in the canteen. Some kind of turkey dish with noodles, it was very tasty and I was left wishing it wasn't 2.75 per portion as I fancied another plate.

I was still hungry so I had a bowl of vegetable soup with a brown roll for dessert.

I didn't go to the gym in the evening, though, as I was far too tired from the night before.

So instead I made myself some tuna and salad sandwiches and stayed in and configured linux on one of my spare PCs (webserver at old webcam address).

Tuesday lunch was a rather tasty sausage hotpot in the canteen, which means that's 2 decent canteen meals in a row - which is not something that happens very often!!

Took the car in for it's MOT after work, so could be an expensive month!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Andrew,

As requested I am leaving a post. This does not mean that I am in any way condoning your sad and obsessive behaviour of documenting everything you eat.

Sarah

8:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home