Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Ahoy, landlubbers!

Welcome to September 19th - AKA - International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

It is also exactly a year ago that I went to Ibiza with Gale, Matt and Lee. It is also nearly a year ago since I joined the gym! In fact I got my renewal notice through yesterday morning (gonna work out £150 for a year's gym peak time membership, I get a corporate discount through work).

I did go to the gym last night, but I was feeling hungry so I ate one of Tony's corned beef pasties first. This was probably a mistake as I got quite a bad stitch and couldn't run very well. I made up for this on the cycling machine and stuff and when I weighed myself afterwards I was 95.8kgs.

Anyway, I had a craving for some prawn and avocado for some reason (possibly that my mate Trew is always eating avocados).. So after the gym I went home via Asda and bought some avocadoes, some salad (containing lettuce, onion, baby tomatoes, celery, carrot and cucumber), some prawns, some Marie Rose sauce, some crayfish (already seasoned in chilli and pepper) and made myself a nice salad.

First I peeled the avocado, then I sliced it up and layed it out on the plate. Then I covered it in the Marie Rose sauce. Then I placed the prawns and crayfish on the sauce. Then I filled the rest of the plate with salad. Then I poured a generous helping of chilli vinegar over everything.

I have to say, I was very proud of the dish and couldn't wait to tuck in and eat it all up. It was very tasty indeed.

I was thinking the other day how I used to make crazy triple decker sandwiches (pre-blog), I should get some bread and crazy ingredients and revive that old tradition.

So back to today.. the canteen was looking disappointing today - but the steak and mushroom pie was actually quite nice in the end... especially as they had lots of nice veg on offer to accompany it. I had the pie with cauliflower cheese, carrots, cabbage and peas. Filling.

Again I didn't have any soup for dessert, it was leek and potato. Not my style.

Probably going to the gym again after work with my Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home