Thursday, September 14, 2006

More beans and other culinary delights!

Well despite my rant about baked beans on toast, I got home on Monday night and made myself...... beans on toast! The beans in question were Heinz Mean Beanz (tikka flavour), which we left over from the Gower (I definitely stocked up too much..)

As I was on-call I didn't go to the gym or anything fancy.

On Tuesday, the canteen offerings were very poor. I ended up opting for a peppered steak burger in a bap, with salad and I added some carrots and sweetcorn to try and help bulk the meal up.

It didn't do any good and I didn't fancy the soup on offer either (leek and potato). But when a colleague joined the table with a chocolate crunch covered in chocolate custard, I decided to have a rare dessert.

The chocolate crunch type thing was quite tasty and I properly covered it in chocolate custard too. The whole shaboodle cost me 38p. Bargain.

After work I went round my parents' for tea and was cooked a chicken breast, sausage, stuffing and vegetables. After I had scoffed that, I went home to watch Liverpool in their first European Champions League game (a 0-0 draw against PSV).

Wednesday's canteen offering was not great either, the best option was the lamb and veg pie - which I had with a vegetable chilli side. It was OK, but not amazing - I followed it up with a bowl of leek and mushroom soup.

After work, Lee and Welsh Chris came round my gaff and we watched Man Utd beat Celtic 3-2 in the Champions League and had a few drinks and a dominos pizza along the way.

I selected a double decadence with a mighty meaty topping. I think WC and Lee just shared a large mighty meaty and some chicken strippers. The pizza was, as ever, a tasty treat.

I got paged out in the night, so slept through today until around 11am (when Tony brought me up a cuppa).

As today was roast dinner Thursday, I had a roast in the canteen. It consisted of roast beef, yorkshire pudding, green beans and cauliflower cheese. Tasty.

After work I plan to train with Greyfriars (at Golden Hill in Horfield), I am on-call - so it could be a short run out!! It's only booked for an hour and I've only been called out once all week so far - so what are the odds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home