Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pizza - like a sandwich, but flatter.

After work on Monday, I was driving home when my mate Chris (not Welsh) rang me. He wanted to go over some details of his wedding next year (I am going to be best man) and show me the suit that we'll be wearing. We had a few beers and Tony and I ordered a Dominos each, I had a Dominator again (my second ever). The Dominator is a large pizza, with a filling between the crusts (not as much as a Double Decadence, though). The topping I chose was the chicken feast (chicken, sweetcorn and mushroom).

On Tuesday I had a meeting over lunchtime and no lunch provided, so I had to grab some food beforehand. So I bought a prawn cocktail roll from the canteen. Is was OK, but the bread was quite tough and was also sopping wet with cocktail juice.

After the meeting was another meeting.. and this one had cakes - so I had a few cookies, doughnuts, muffins and even a jaffa cake bar.

After work I cooked myself some pasta. The actual pasta was spinach and ricotta parcels and I ate it with bolognaise sauce. I also spiced the whole deal up with plenty of extra hot chilli powder and various ground chillies and black pepper.

Finally, I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on the top and ate it up.

Yesterday lunchtime was lamb and vegetable pie for me. It was pretty good, as canteen pies go. Especially as I covered it in lots of lovely pepper.

After work I rushed round Asda and purchased myself a slab of Stella and a bottle of Strongbow. Then I went home and started drinking.

Nathan came round and then Welsh Chris came round with his missus' Dad and we all had some drinks and watched England trounce the current European champions, Greece, 4-0 in their first match under Steve McClaren.

During the game Welsh Chris ordered him and his in-law a large pizza from some pizza delivery place I had never heard of (Simply Pizza). Shortly after he had ordered, I cooked myself some chicken kievs and ate them.

In the end his pizza took over an hour to be delivered, but Chris managed to hustle a couple of quid off the order. The pizza looked alright, too - but I don't think I will use them, given the long delivery time. Damn I love pizza. I wish I was eating one right now!!

Today I was pretty hungry all morning, but the promise of roast dinner kept me going. However, when I went down the canteen the roast beef looked dry and horrible - so I had a vegetable lasagne instead.

Then I went to the Black Sheep for some lunchtime beer with Mike and Beaton.

Not sure what I will eat this evening, not got much in the house (I don't think). I guess it's a case of "wait and see".

I suppose there's always pizza..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home