Friday, September 08, 2006

Things what has gone in my belly...

Well I visited my Gramps in hospital on Monday night, he seemed to be in quite a good mood. Then me and my Dad went back to his gaff, where my Mum had cooked us all a nice roast dinner. The meat was beef and it was very juicy and tender.

Before I left my Mum gave me some cartons of soup to take home, as they were soon to be out of date.

The next day I couldn't see much of interest in the canteen at work, so I had a jacket potato (quite small, but only 33p) and covered it in beef and vegetable vindaloo. To bulk it up (and make it look slightly healthier) I threw on some cabbage and some carrots. It seemed to fill me up.

After work I went straight to North Bristol rugby club for football training, as both the first team and the fourth team had games the next day the training was light.

I was going to go to my mate Phil's 29th birthday after work, but it was too late by the time I had got home and made some tea.

The tea I had was a carton of soup that my Mum had given me, brocchili and stilton. I threw loads of ground black pepper in there too, everything's better with pepper!

I wanted to get an early night, as I wanted to be up early the next morning. I don't think I managed it as I stayed up quite late reading "Donnie Brasco", the book that the film was based on.

I did get up early the next morning, though, and made it into work before almost everyone. The reason I wanted to be in work early was so I could leave work early to get to a Greyfriars Athletic 'B' team game away at Hanham.

I worked through most of my lunch to aid my leaving early, but still had time to eat in the canteen. I had a very tasty chicken and vegetable pie with carrots, spouts and sweetcorn.

After the meal, as I knew I would probably be eating my tea late, I had a bowl of courghette and mushroom soup with a roll. My workmates roundly teased me for my pronounciation of the word "courghette" - but I am from Bristol and now and again my accent will allow the odd slip of Bristolian into conversation. This I cannot help.

Nobody takes the piss out of Gibson and he is a Geordie! Some words he says make my ears spin round. Ask him to say the work "book" when you next see him. Mad.

Anyway, I managed to navigate my way to Hanham in very quick time - so I was there by 5.30. There were plenty of players turn up for the Greys, so I was on the "bench" for the first half. Well, actually I was linesman for the first 45 mins - which kept me warm. We were 2-1 down at half time (just like on Saturday) and the second half almost went as badly as Saturday, we were 4-1 down by the time they brought me on the pitch.

Unfortunately the light failed dramatically, so the game was brought to a slightly premature close at 4-1. A dog chasing the ball for 5 mins didn't help matters. Hopefully there won't be too many midweek games on, as firstly they are a pain to get to and secondly it will be getting darker earlier and earlier!

After the game I pelted it home as soon as I could, so I could quickly eat (another bowl of soup procured from my parents', tomato this time - nice) and then I ran (literally ran) up the Social club so I could watch the rest of the England game with Lee, Welsh Chris and Holder.

England won 1-0 away to Macedonia, a Crouch overhead kick the difference between the sides! The highlight of the night, though, was the Northern Ireland defeat of Spain (the landlord is N.Irish - so was quite a good atmosphere at the Soc).

Thursday morning I woke up feeling knackered and slightly hungover (our insistance on drinking whiskey to toast the Irish may have been part of this reason). I decided to have some breakfast when I got to work.

I had beans on toast with a couple of plum tomatoes (don't know why) for breakfast and this really seemed to sort me out.

A few hours later was lunchtime. Of course Thursday is now roast dinner day in the canteen and the meat was turkey. The turkey was very, very tasty - although the canteen woman was laughing at my portion..

I had turkey, stuffing, roasters, red cabbage, carrots, cauliflower cheese and gravy (all made a lovely pattern on the plate when I had finished).

After work I went to the gym and worked out for a bit, weighed myself at the end and was 99.0kgs.. I think that's my lightest yet? Then I went round my other Gramps' for his birthday.

When I got home, Terry was visiting Tony and they had Chinese. There was a fair bit leftover when I got home, so I ate it. No shame. I would do it again if I had the chance.

Today, Friday, I had a sweet and sour veg with rice for lunch and went up the pub for a few pints with Chris. Might go down town later (not a great idea considering I may have my home debut for Greyfriars tomorrow, but since when have I ever had great ideas).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home