Sunday, September 24, 2006

Marge Simpson look-a-like..

After work on Tuesday I went to the gym with my Dad and when I got home I had another leftover food item from the Gower trip, a pot of pasta - just add boiling water (and loads of spices.. obviously).

It was OK, but not something I would buy myself (this was actually Sarah's). I think there's another one in the cupboard actually.

Despite there being a week of rubbish food in the canteen, Wednesday surprised everyone with lamb lasagne on the menu. We were considering going to the Hungry Horse until we found out about the lasagne option!!

It was tasty too and I had a dessert of carrot and coriander soup with a bread roll. Quality.

After work I went to the gym again. When I got home I cut up an avocado and tried mashing it up with some mayo.. it didn't really work, but I had a few slices of Tony's pizza and I wasn't hungry after that.

Thursday was roast dinner day in the canteen, which is always a treat. The meat was pork and the portions were generous. It was good pig.

The soup for afters was vegetable.

After work I went football training and felt quite fit (after a week's worth of gym activity), although my footy skills were quite poor.

On the way home I stopped off at the Subway in Filton and had a foot-long sub with everything.

I opted for the Italian herb and cheese bread.

Whilst I had been training, Tony had been to look at a flat in Lawrence Weston. He liked it so much he plonked a deposit down and will be moving in on Monday!! So sounds like I will be living on my own (until Saturday when Higz gets back from Florida, that is!)

Friday I had a quick canteen snack at around 11.30, it was vegetable moussaka. I ate that with some brocchili and carrots.

I didn't go to the pub for lunch anyway in the end, it was raining...

After work I got a lift down town and met up with the boys for some drinks.

Saturday morning I woke up round Bud, Boz and Poj's house with an hour or so to get to Patchway for the game. Luckily Boz gave me some Hunger Breaks beans (spicy) and also I rang Gale and he came and picked me up (he was heading to Patchway anyway).

I came on as a sub for Greyfriars after being linesman for the first hour of the game. The score was 3-0 to the other team when I came on and the final score was 4-0. I thought I played OK and created a few chances, also my fitness levels were good (despite being leathered the night before).

After the game I met up with the other team members including Gale for some drinks. Then I went home and fell asleep on the sofa.

This morning I woke up and cooked up some egg and bacon sandwiches for Tony and I. I grilled the bacon and poached the eggs, very tasty!

Afterwards Tony talked me into dying my hair blue, as he had some dye left.

Sarah says I am easily led... don't think she's too happy about it :)

I can always shave it off at some point anyway.

There won't be any Sunday roast for me this week, as my parents are away in Woolacombe.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three points:

1) Learn how to spell correctly.

2) I don't really care that you dyed your hair blue...it creates a source of amusement for me.

and

3) You are easily led! :)

9:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Gale was heading towards Patchway anyway"

Despite the fact I was already in Old Market, had to pick someone up in Bishopston and made myself late dropping you home. What did I get in return, eh?

And you are easily led.

9:57 am  
Blogger holmz said...

Gale - you got the pleasure of my company (and a parp for the "honk if you're horny" sign)

Much appreciated, mate!! Beer owage.

10:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home