Thursday, October 12, 2006

Another week on-call..

Monday night I was paged around 3.30am which afforded me and extra hour or so sleep before work on Tuesday, which was nice.

Tuesday's canteen orientated lunch was a sausage casserole.. there wasn't much to choose from, but the casserole was OK.

The canteen was out of soup, so I had to have a more conventional dessert - a natural yoghurt with strawberries and honey. Not cheap at £1.45, but not bad.

After work I went home and used up the rest of the prawns in a sandwich with salad, very tasty! I do love prawns. The bread was freshly baked in Asda the day before.

I didn't get up to much on Tuesday night, that I can remember. I think I watched the first episode of Lost season 3 with Higz.

On Wednesday I went to work and ate in the canteen, as usual. I had lamb and vegetable pie, followed by a carrot soup (with the obligatory bread roll).

After work I went straight to the Patchway Sports and Social to meet up with the guys to watch Croatia v England. A pretty disastrous game, really that ended 2-0 to the home team. As England drew away to Macedonia the previous Saturday it leaves us on the same points as 4 other teams, but with 2 of them having a game in hand. Not to mention the team below, which also has a game in hand (that would put them above England if they win).

No more qualifiers until March 2007 for England now, so we will have to wait a long while before we get to rectify the situation somehow.

I felt quite rough on Thursday morning and had to have a bit of a breakfast in the canteen. I had beans on toast with a rasher of bacon and a sausage too. I turned it into a sandwich and ate it (messily) with my hands. Quite tasty though.

When lunchtime came, I wasn't that hungry and it was roast dinner day! The roast was beef and it looked good, but I instead opted for the vegetable lasagne - which was also nice.

I would have had the soup afterwards, as it was broccoli - but I was a bit too full.

After work I went straight to Golden Hill to train with the Greys 3rd and 4th team. I had a good start, bagging 4 early goals. My fitness, touch and confidence are all improving every time. Hopefully I will start the game on Saturday (away against the Eagle House Elite Reserves).

After training I didn't feel too hungry, so just had some slices of toast and marmite.

Tomorrow Sarah is coming down and after work we will be meeting some people for a sit down Indian meal. Curry-tastic!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home