Thursday, October 05, 2006

Traffic chaos and tasty foods.

Monday evening didn't go as planned due to traffic getting out of work (a local road closed causing a surprising amount of traffic - and will continue to do so for the next 4 weeks), it took me an hour down one short road - normally it only takes 5 mins to get all the way to and from work.

I did go to the gym after, though, but the traffic did kill my evening. So when I got home from the gym I decided on a bowl of muesli with a chopped up apple, rather than cooking the sausages and pasta I had.

Tuesday I was more prepared for the traffic and I took my gym stuff with me to work.

In the canteen at lunch I had myself a pie with a turkey and sweetcorn filling with peas, courghettes and carrots. Not that bad really. I even had a dessert of mushroom soup.

After work I cut through the traffic and went to the gym (not far from work) until the traffic subsided and then I went home.

With lots of the evening to kill I cooked up the tagliatelle with some spinach and pea sauce (I even threw in a tin of out of date spinach - at least that's used up now). I also cooked some pork and mustard and cumberland sausages. Some of which I ate immediately, some I put on my pasta and some I put aside for another time.

I did spice the meal up a bit with some pepper and various spices and stuff. It was quite tasty and very filling.

After that I went round Welsh Chris' and got drunk while he and his mates played poker. Card games aren't normally my thing, but it did look like a lot of fun.

Wednesday lunchtime was again spent in the canteen, the meal of sausage hot pot was OK - the portion wasn't great so I loaded it up with veg.

It wasn't enough to fill me up and the soup (vegetable) had run out already !!

There were quite a few desserts available, including pineapple crumble, treacle sponge and a few others. I opted for some kind of flapjack cake with raspberry, it was quite tasty and not bad for 40p..

Again I had my gym stuff with me, so went straight there after work and worked out for an hour or so. Then I went home and ate the rest of my pasta that was leftover from the day before. It actually tasted better than the previous day for some reason.

Today, Thursday, I had to get up early and go to the dentists for my 6 month check up. Never pleasant, but over and done with now - and no more check ups until April 2007.

For lunch I again went to the canteen. The roast was lamb, but instead I opted for beef lasagne. Lasagne is always good and this was no exception.

I am planning on going football training direct from work tonight and tomorrow I am effectively working a half day, as I have a workshop in town from 1400 - 1700 - so I may as well stay in town with my work mates and get slaughtered.

It is also Sarah's 27th birthday tomorrow - happy birthday! She is spending it in New York. They do some really good steaks there apparently..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your page. Your diet is so varied it is a joy to watch someone talk so passionately about it.!

Keep up the good work mate.

Oh and me and the missus love the way you always hae soup as a dessert.! Class.!

6:53 pm  
Blogger holmz said...

Hey mang, cheers for the comment!

Been doing this thing for a year almost, so might be knocking it on the head soon.. a "year in the life of.. my food intake"

Might think of something equally wacky to log next year :)

Also, soup rocks as a dessert - heavy enough to fill any remaining gap, but not too much to make you bloated. Lovely!

5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home