Monday, February 27, 2006

Champagne and me get on

Friday was the usual quick sandwich for lunch and then off to the pub for some beers. I went down Asda's after work and did some very basic shopping.

I was intending on buying myself a roast chicken, but the queue was too much for me - so I opted to pick up a kilo of "buy me whole" applewood smoked turkey. At a tenner, I thought it was a bit expensive - but when I ate a slice I realised it was money well spent - that's some tasty shit right there. Especially in a wholegrain bread sandwich with some salad. Ace.

I had a quiet night in on Friday, on account of the fact I was aiming to go out early on Saturday morning for some day time binge drinking as it was me mate Matt's 30th birthday.

Things went exactly to plan, I had a quick sandwich on Saturday morning and then headed off to town. We went to Lloyds Bar One and my mate Chris ordered 2 bowls of chilli (buy 1 get 1 free) - so I ate the "spare" one. Great.

We then got stuck in to lots of stella and champagne, I got so drunk that I missed most of the Scotland v England 6 Nations match (probably for the best!!). I can't remember anything from then on, but needless to say I probably had a great time.

Sunday I woke up early with a proper hangover and a horrible feeling of guilt. I then discovered that I had lost my phone battery and had to order one from eBay. I almost made myself one of those amazing sandwiches, but my parents called and offered to take me out for a meal. We went to the Fox Den and I had a starter of tomato soup and a main course of sirloin beef. I drank a few stellas and some wine to help kill my hangover, and it seemed to work - so Dad and I went and met some of my mates in the Patchway Sports and Social to watch Man Utd win the Carling Cup.

I may have had another one of those great sandwiches too, when I got home - but I can't remember.

Today was OK, found out I hadn't been too crazy on Saturday. Which was nice. Went to the Bradley Stoke for lunch and I opted to try the roast vegetable lasagne. It was very nice, although seemed to be lacking a crucial ingredient..

I went to the gym after work and then went round my parents for tea and watched the last Life on Mars in the series. Tea was nice, pork chops - which I haven't had in a while. Pancake Day tomorrow, dunno what I'm doing yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home