Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Pancake Day!

It was Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake Day aka Jif Lemon Day yesterday. Something about Jesus eating loads of pancakes this time 100 years ago or something.

Anyway, lunchtime snuck up on me and I went to the canteen and had a rather filling beef goulash with rice and a side order of courgettes. Did the job.

After work I headed straight round my parents' house, as I knew they would be doing pancakes. I wasn't disappointed. I don't know how many I ate in the end, but I know I didn't need any tea!

The first few pancakes contained simply raisins, some chocolate sauce and lemon juice.. but towards the end I started adding slices of banana too. Very nice.

Probably the next time I eat pancakes will be in Florida when I go later on in March.

After my feast I went over Carla and Lee's to watch The Village and Zoolander on DVD with them and Higz. I managed to trip over a stump in the woods on the way, tho, covering myself in mud.. and this was before I even touched any stella!!

Anyway, time to wrap this up - as I hear the canteen calling.. and as we all know by now - Wednesday is Roast Dinner Day (and I hear today is roast ham, one of my favourites!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home