Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Health Kicks

Monday night I went to the gym on my own, and as my half of the fridge was empty, I went down Asda afterwards. I got myself some Hovis wholegrain granary bread, some salad, butter, prawns in cottage cheese and some other sandwich fillings. Should keep me fed until the weekend. The fridge is looking quite healthy now (especially as Higz has filled it with his Lost diet contents).

When I got home I had a sandwich using the prawn cottage cheese and salad. It wasn't too bad - might do that again some time.


Tuesday I went to the Orchard pub for lunch, but again intending to go to the gym in the evening I decided against a pint. I actually ordered myself a seafood club salad with a fruit juice included in the price (6.50).

It was surprisingly filling for a salad, it had lots of chunks of fruit in it and lots of tuna and prawns. Tasty.


When I got home I had myself a mexican chicken and salad sandwich and drank some of my "innocent" smoothies and went to the gym.

Shouldn't really have eaten before the gym, but managed a fair bit of time there.

Quite a few of my mates are cutting down on boozing/eating and a few are starting to exercise a fair bit more too. I don't know what has started this trend, but if I ever start talking about quitting booze - umm - give me a slap. Hard. In the face.

I am eating a little healthier than I used to though (err - don't count last weekend's pizza anyway).

Today is roast dinner day in the canteen. One of my faves too. Roast ham. They even had some good vegetables out too. Fair play.

I am not going to the gym tonight, as it's the Champions League Final.. Arsenal vs Barcelona! So I am going up the club to watch it (and get drunk). I had better shoot off home so I can have a sandwich first - food at the soc' is quite difficult to obtain :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home