Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A New Toy

After work yesterday I drove round Argos and purchased myself some bathroom scales (for 3.29 - much cheapness).

Looks like I was about 105kg, which is obese according to the BMI scale - if you consider I am around 6'1 or 6'2 tall (I'm guessing).

Anyway, whilst round my parents I was served a delicious salmon meal, not quite sure what the sauce was - but it was nice.

The potatoes were apparently Jersey new potatoes or something, they were scraped and boiled and surprisingly tasty (I'm not normally a great fan of boiled spuds, but these were proper).

I went home soon after, as I had left my pager at home and was concerned I might get called out.

This afternoon I had some pasta type things in some kind of mushroom sauce - it was actually quite nice despite the fact I can't remember what it was.

The cheesey bread was pretty tasty too.

Despite the portions being unusually ample, I still fancied something more - however I didn't opt for a soup as a dessert (as it was leek and potato, eew). I instead chose to try the much hyped carrot cake for 70p. I must admit, it was surprisingly tasty - and counts towards your recommended 5 fruit and veg portions per day*

*-probably

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home